Page 685 of 685 FirstFirst ... 185585635675683684685
Results 6,841 to 6,849 of 6849

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I think pussy is fine.

And that's my hot take.
    acket.

Administrator
    I choose to read that without context as it's on a GTX page break for me. I know the context, but I choose to read it without, and it's poetry.

Me too.

If we had ‘like’ buttons for posts I would instantly like that.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I know you're all really anticipating the final report on my colonoscopy, lol.

Overall nothing major, no cancer, however there was one piece they couldn't fully remove and while initially the doc thought 3 years, he now said to be on the safe side, to come back in 1 year....which is fine, I'd rather be cautious. He saw no indication of cancer on that one either but preferred to have it cleared out next year.

But you'll be in Japan next year! Better figure out the healthcare stuffs too if you really are moving to Japan soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    But you'll be in Japan next year! Better figure out the healthcare stuffs too if you really are moving to Japan soon...
    Yes I'm working on that

Not sure about Japan, I know Taiwan has very cheap healthcare. Even without insurance, medical costs can be cheaper than the US with insurance! I’m talking about overall cheaper prescription costs, testing costs and treatment costs. Of course advantage of US system is that once we reach our deductible, insurance will cover us 100%. However, cost could skyrocket if you need further special care in Taiwan…

Anyway, need to figure out how foreigners in Japan do with their healthcare issues…

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Love when I pull a muscle in my back while brushing my teeth.
    Considering that you're dealing with a bit of stress and tension in life those could be contributing factors to your pulled muscle.

Japanese Language Post:

On the note about moving to Japan........obviously knowing the language can be a huge barrier...which is what I'm spending the next several months getting over.

I do have generalized conversation skills that are a bit rusty, but those I can pick up again easily. I know Hiragana and Katakana, just need to be able to read them faster...I'm still a bit slow. One issue with Japanese is there's no spaces between words...that makes things tricky.

Then there's Kanji which has....generally....2,140 "common" characters with different readings depending on context etc. I've gotten advice from several places and the most basic advise seems to be related to a book "Remembering the Kanji" which tells you the basic keyword definition...in English. The concept being that it's way easier to get the jist of what a kanji means and that the other contexts and readings will be more easily figured out later.

On that note, I had an idea about how I can "learn" these kanji better, is looking up an image to go with the kanji...and putting them on a powerpoint doc. I'll share once I get further along so you can see what I mean.

That and just taking in lots of input from various media...variety shows, dramas...NOT really Anime (due to a few reasons...I prefer "regular" day to day dialogue and sometimes you can't tell how someone is voicing words without seeing them speaking directly). I wish I could do constant "immersion" of watching/listening to media but I have other things I have to do.

I also have duolingo which is...........ok for some things, and I have the Genki Volume 1 textbook. I found some decent learning games on Steam as well which I've tried out.

So overall what I'm saying is that I'm taking a lot of inputs from various sources and building up knowledge. Seeing/hearing words from different sources in different contexts is really helpful (while also trying not to get burnt out in the process). It obviously helps to be interested in Japan and Japanese things, and seeing as I love so many things from Japan and have Japanese writing, it makes it easier.

I also have Japanese friends that I can converse with

If anyone has any questions, let me know.