Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

From my perspective, I'd just chalked it up as a 'racing incident'.

With that flat rear, did Max deliberately tried to block Lando or just couldn't control the car very well? Hard to tell. I'd say it's deliberate, but not sure if it's really worth a penalty because that wasn't really a dangerous move, right? Both cars were damaged and slowed. Healthier cars could easily and quickly pass those 2 limping cars...

Anyway, what do I know, I'm not familiar with all the rules. I'm just excited to see Lando finally able to apply some pressure to Max. Those 2 will be able to sort themselves out later during the season I hope... finally, we have another racer capable of dueling with Max!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 1st, 2024 at 09:36 AM.

Max was defending aggressively, Norris was attacking aggressively, the stewards were awarding penalties conservatively, and we all had quite the exciting race finish to watch. I don't know who should have gotten penalized for what, exactly, but if we can have more battles for the lead in the closing laps of the race, contact or not, track extending or not, I'll be pretty happy.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Nah, he knew exactly what he was doing, and didn't know Lando had a flat there.

He's come a long way from his early years, but I still think he can be immature under pressure. He's just never under pressure so we don't see it.
    He's had a couple of tantrums in e-racing during his non-pressure years at the top of F1.
    acket.

Administrator
    Peter Windsor sounds like he doesn't enjoy fun to watch racing.

I think maybe my favorite thing that's been coming out since Monaco is blaming people for going for gaps. Everyone loves repeating Senna's “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver” and then get all mad when someone actually does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Windsor
    "If you closely study Max's onboard he doesn't actually move to the left at all. What is actually happening is that the track is angled slightly to the left there he keeps absolutely straight on the steering, it looks as if he's moving to the left which is possibly what the stewards are looking at but if you look at his steering angle he doesn't change anything,"
    What in the absolute loving fuck does this mean? If I'm driving on the road and the road starts curving and I just don't bother dealing with that and push the driver next to me onto the shoulder, I'm absolved because I didn't use the steering wheel? What in the hell is that supposed to mean? What an absolutely insane thing to say.

So true. Spirit of Senna seems to be living on, but we are setting things up to clamp down on that spirit…

Anyway, after looking at that footage multiple times, I honestly can’t decide how I’d place blame for that collision. However, it looks like most of us approve of that collision and want to see the 2 race some more?

I wonder what’s Cuda’s take on that collision…

Administrator
    Fake Peter Windsor: "He was looking as his phone and driving with his knees, there's no way he intentionally drove another car off the track."

Don’t know the guy, but his explanation makes sense and he places blame entirely on Max! I think I agree with him.

Junior Potato
    From what I hear, Peter Winsor has plenty of experience from the passenger seat of a car, so I'll take what he says with a grain of salt.

Administrator
    I used to really like him. I've also learned over the years that some people turn into utter dipshits as they get older.

USF1 broke that man.