Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687

Thread: The thrust of curiosity that leads men to try to go where no one has gone before. (The Space thread)

Launch business is expensive. Not only difficult to get into orbit, but also expensive to get in! Blue Origin is the only similarity age competitor but hasn’t reach orbit yet. Boeing and Lockheed were complaining that their launch business hasn’t been profitable so eventually they combined to form ULA. There had also been other rocket startups that failed. Point is this didn’t seem like an easy and profitable venture. NASA has always wanted to be better faster and cheaper, but the industry tend to push back saying that we could maybe only do 2 outta 3! However, Elon has definitely achieved better faster and cheaper for NASA.

I think compared to SpaceX’s timeline, X is still within those 4 initial launches. Meaning going out of business is still a real possibility. Also, it’s probably easier to start from scratch rather than Elon actually buying ULA? If Elon were trying to buy ULA and convert into reusable rockets, surely NASA would stop him back then! However, for social media platforms, maybe it’s worth it buying the existing user base rather than building from scratch? However, there will likely be significant headwinds trying to transform an existing org to something totally different as we've all witnessed with that acquisition...

Elon had a vision for PayPal and called it X back then but couldn’t get there due to one reason or another. So he’s trying again. Pretty sure free speech was not the only reason for buying into Twitter.

If X could truly become a digital bank and become an everything app like WeChat in China, surely it’ll be big! Ultimate goal is probably even doing away with the US dollars! However, I’m sure the central establishment bankers will do everything in their powers to stop him. Wouldn't be surprised to find Elon end up like Jeff Epstein someday. Not as a pedophile..., but finds that he ended up killing himself due to all the financial pressures... I'm sure you'll probably all cheer about that.

Fortunately I think SpaceX is now mature enough to go on without Elon.

Even if Tesla goes under now, at least the world has caught on to the EV revolution. I don't think we absolutely need Tesla. However, for now, I don't see anything comparable to SpaceX. All of Elon's ventures could fail, but I would not want SpaceX to fail.

However, if Elon could win the war against Central Bank, I'll definitely cheer about that.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 2nd, 2024 at 09:03 AM.

Junior Potato
    This is a space thread.

The Elon fellatio thread is in another castle.

Administrator
    Oh man, Central Bank talk? Are we about to get Rothschilds discourse here?

RWA, I think Elon has single handedly made commercial space travel possible within our lifetime. Without his emerald mine, I really don’t think we’ll ever live to see commercial space travel.

However, if we count Blue Origin and Virgin Galactic, then I suppose we’ve already witnessed commercial ‘space’ travel?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 2nd, 2024 at 06:22 PM.