Page 2508 of 2515 FirstFirst ... 1508200824082458249825062507250825092510 ... LastLast
Results 25,071 to 25,080 of 25149

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Honestly, given the polls, all pretty relieving.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Back to the U.S., it's funny how much I'm seeing Michelle Obama's name mentioned even though she's never really been big into politics on her own. I think this is the "nice" way of saying people aren't huge fans of Kamala Harris but NOT because she's a black woman, so they bring up Michelle Obama as an alternative.

I'm also not sure about Kamala Harris, however I really haven't focused on her too much either. I bet most voters don't really pay a lot of attention to her either.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

ABSOLUTE
    CINEMA
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Back to the U.S., it's funny how much I'm seeing Michelle Obama's name mentioned even though she's never really been big into politics on her own. I think this is the "nice" way of saying people aren't huge fans of Kamala Harris but NOT because she's a black woman, so they bring up Michelle Obama as an alternative.

I'm also not sure about Kamala Harris, however I really haven't focused on her too much either. I bet most voters don't really pay a lot of attention to her either.
    I've got my issues with Harris, mostly because of her anti-truancy stuff back in '06. That said, that was a long time ago. I do appreciate that she refused to back down on her anti-death penalty stance in the face of pressure from Feinstein and Boxer. Overall, I think she's good. It's been a lot of years, but I'm pretty sure I voted for her in the primary.

I think Michelle Obama's name comes up a lot because of Q-folk who like to claim that Obama is gay and she's trans and actually "Big Mike Obama" and come to claim the presidency, and that's obvious insanity, but it's how our media ecosphere works.

Man, you guys are pretty good at prejudging people. Support for Michelle Obama likely means you are a closet white supremacist and a Q folk? Not to mention if one believes in the existence of a central bank, then that dude must be going coocoo?

Anyway, IMHO, Kamala is just a black Hillary, a very ambitious lady. Remember where she sided between the Clinton name and the intern. When push comes to shove, do you really believe she cares about women’s rights? If Trump could beat Hillary, he’ll be able to easily beat Kamala. I really think she has a lower chance than Biden.

As a possible ‘closet white supremacist’, my top favorite is still Bernie Sanders. Michelle Obama is acceptable too. Other than these 2, I’m not sure there’s anyone Dems can get me to vote for them.

My prayer is for God to remove both Biden and/or Trump and help us find better candidates… fingers crossed. I do wish to participate in the coming election, but hopefully we’ll have better choices.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I've got my issues with Harris, mostly because of her anti-truancy stuff back in '06. That said, that was a long time ago. I do appreciate that she refused to back down on her anti-death penalty stance in the face of pressure from Feinstein and Boxer. Overall, I think she's good. It's been a lot of years, but I'm pretty sure I voted for her in the primary.

I think Michelle Obama's name comes up a lot because of Q-folk who like to claim that Obama is gay and she's trans and actually "Big Mike Obama" and come to claim the presidency, and that's obvious insanity, but it's how our media ecosphere works.
    Yeah I've seen the trash on various platforms regarding the Q stuff, but even beyond that it seems news networks are asking among the other possible candidates if Biden steps down...and Michelle Obama is one of them for some reason.

Administrator
    I really think they're only entertaining it because weirdos keep throwing it out there. I've seen no sign that she has any intention of even thinking about it, and the media is being the media.

Administrator
    Sadly, when I think about it, maybe it's just that we don't have a lot of great candidates to put up there so people are like "well, what about the other Obama?"

We're in a weird spot. Left leaning policies are popular. Pro-choice policies are wildly popular, to the point where states like Kansas are voting in favor of it. Yet somehow we don't seem to be able to find a progressive firebrand.

Maybe Beto O'Rourke, but he's got his own issues and it's way too late to try to jam him in there. I don't know why we can't find someone who can articulate this. Part of it is just that Trump is so ungodly shameless that it's hard to be a normal human being and counter him. Almost everyone has a shred of integrity that won't let them stoop to his level but he has no problem plowing into that level and demanding everyone else be there with him. I know it's easier to say "the old days were better" even if they weren't, but man, we just don't seem to bring up much of anything.

That's not to say I don't think the policies are good, it just feels like a Simpsons bit where one person is explaining how all these things will ultimately benefit society and the other is throwing Duff beer cans at him while the crowd cheers. I don't know the answer. I don't know if we've hit the ultimately self-destructing point of this civilization or if there's somewhere to go from here. I do know that the idea that presidents are immune from almost anything they do is a huge step forward into the self-destructing point, so that'll be fun.

Junior Potato
    Well one thing is the Republicans have slid further right in the last decade and the Democrats have followed them across the fence into that vacuum to hoover up the lost voters. Now the Democrat party is right-lite and has very similar policies.

The answer I think is to let them both continue even further right and let a new left wing party to rise up and fill the void that is opening up on the other side. Sadly it could be a 10 year process unless the Democrats realise what's happening and shift themselves back to the centre-left again.

So king Joe orders SCOTUS judges killed and then fills in the change.
    If congress objects orders congress members killed.
    And...
    And finally orders SCOTUS to pull back all king decisions.

Seems to be a busy year.