Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Has Lost its Goddamn Mind

Administrator
    Oh, sorry, I meant Xfinity as a brand is not available here. It's Comcast's internet company, and we've got weird telecom fiefdoms.

I can definitely watch it, just between Euro 24, Copa America, and F1, ain't nobody got time for Xfinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Today’s race:

Was rather unlucky with an outta control car swiping from behind.

Junior Potato
    Yup. I think his was the only race that was totally ruined by someone else's major fuckup.

All the others were people ruining their own race (especially the golden boy Larson who lodged his car gearbox-deep into the concrete, heh) or proper deliberate bumper work.

Speaking of...

Chase Elliott thought it was a good idea to deploy the punt-to-pass on Daniel Suarez, screwing over Brad Keselowski in the process and gaining two spots. So Suarez immediately returned the message with a beautiful pint-to-pay-it-back at the next corner: https://x.com/NASCAR/status/1810149712881758563

This sort of shit is why I fuckin love NSACAR

I don't have time for Xfinity racing, too busy searching the Formula 1 thread for F2 information.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I don't have time for Xfinity racing, too busy searching the Formula 1 thread for F2 information.

Xfinity series is called NASCAR Xfinity for a reason and falls into this thread rather nicely

Junior Potato
    Hell I'd even talk about ARCA here.

Late Models?

Modifieds?

Legends?

Bandoleros?

Bring it on.

Sure. Just emphasizing Brian's point that the interest in a sport drops off considerably when you start looking at the minor leagues.

Maybe if NASCAR switched to a relegation model I could muster up some interest.

Junior Potato
    Heh maybe, but would it depend on your interest in NASCAR's top division to begin with?

Funny thing is, Trucks are a bit of a shit show but Xfinity (nee, BOOsh Series of old) actually has surprisingly good racing. Probably better than the Cup Series at the moment. There's quite a lot of crossover with drivers moving up and down to do one-off drives. Kyle Larson is a notable example, having a big old fight with SVG in the first half of the race on Saturday.

And the FUNNIER thing is, I know people in the US who pay attention to the Super2 series (feeder series to Supercars) but I can tell you with a straight face that I have never paid attention to it ever.

I guess I might be biased in being able to enjoy all three NASCAR touring series each week on iRacing. It gives me a chance to experience it in a way that we couldn't years ago.

Bring back IROC!

Junior Potato
    Well did you hear about Ray Evernham buying the rights to the IROC name this year?

He's THE GUY who designed and engineered all the cars throughout IROC's history. Initially working for Penske and later as its own thing.

(he also engineered a slew of notoriously successful NASCAR race cars because he is a monster)

There will be an exhibition event sometime soon, I am guessing with historic cars and drivers involved. But everyone is waiting to see if something new springs up...