Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Perez has a very real shot of slipping to 8th in WDC after next race. I suspect he’ll be let go by the summer break.
    I thought he has a 2 yr extension?

Even if Horner ruthlessly tore that contract up, who else could take the place of a stable #2 though?

They should've gotten Sainz instead of extending Checo.

Both Albon and Ricciardo have had the experiences with Max... Not sure if they'll do much better? Maybe give Yuki a chance to shine?

Anyway, I think Checo is probably just in another one of his psychological slump? Obviously he could do better, but something is screwed up mentally... if he can find his usual self, he should be a good #2 at RB.

Oh I forgot about that 2yr extension. Nvm…he’s solid for two more years

Or the summer break…

Like I said, if you were Horner, who would you replace him with tho?

RB's dominance is also slowly and clearly fading away. Without Max, RB would be a back marker team or a mid-field team at best, if they have 2 checos!

I'm surprised that the team still hasn't imploded yet with all the internal politics.

Makes me wonder that perhaps Checo is doing relatively fine as his usual self, it's Max who's carrying this now inferior RB because other teams have pass them by? It appears that Max winning the race by a huge margin is over, right? So if Max couldn't win a race, naturally Checo will end up way back! If that's the case, it doesn't really matter who Horner replace Checo with... you'll end up with the same results. So you might as well keep Checo and keep the fat checks signed by Carlos Slim?

I would really like to see Max and Lando in the same car, but for sure Lando won't be leaving McLaren now.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 8th, 2024 at 10:19 AM.

Sainz is on the market.

I'd get Sainz too if I were Horner, but doesn't look like RB is keen to get him back. Horner probably signed a contract with Perez to help ease his concerns about his future knowing that Sainz is free? But the sense of security didn't seem to help Checo's performance.

I do feel bad for Sainz. The guy has always managed to perform pretty good when matched against with the team's #1. However, whenever a team wish to get a new driver, they always manage to drop Sainz. How much does a guy need to prove himself? The dude has demonstrated that he can run with Lando and Leclerc in the same car... yet, teams still don't often appreciate him. When they sign a bigger driver, Sainz is out the door. Does he have an annoying personality or something? What gives? Probably just series of bad luck?

I really thought he'd be a Ferrari #2 for a long time... but I guessed wrong.

Other than Sainz, I think Hulk has demonstrated that he's fast and consistent?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 8th, 2024 at 12:24 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Sainz is on the market.
    The market is clogged up by Sainz. If other, noncontract driver's are too be believed.
    acket.

Bearman is confirmed with Haas for 2025?
    acket.

Bearman/Ocon? Yikes. I like Bearman but never been a Ocon fan.

Yup, Hamilton has got the measure of Verstappen.
    acket.

If I were Norris I'd told the team "leave me alone, I know what I'm doing".
    acket.