Page 2512 of 2534 FirstFirst ... 15122012241224622502251025112512251325142522 ... LastLast
Results 25,111 to 25,120 of 25332

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    ok, Biden's press conference was..........good....mostly. He flubbed twice today, first time he caught himself, second time he didn't...but he's always done this. His foreign policy stuff was great.

Other issues, he still has a cough, he's still slow and unclear, but I do believe he is not suffering any new mental issues. Unfortunately the only thing we'll hear is the two names he flubbed in the media.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I didn't know that...but maybe it's a good thing. Counter a Republican nut job with a Democrat one.
    It very much isn't. He's got a long history of being anti-vax (his own organization, Children's Health Defense, is one of the most prominent anti-vax organizations in the country). He claimed that Covid was engineered to spare Chinese people and Ashkenazi Jews. He just professed to not having an opinion over whether 9/11 was an inside job.

At the very least he would demolish the public health apparatus in this country, one that already can use all the help it can get.

Oh, and his entire family have disavowed his campaign and endorsed Biden over him.

If you want more info, check out articles by Anna Merlan and Brandy Zadrozny on him. They've both done an excellent job of covering his nuttery.

It seems to be the age of nut jobs where you have to pick the least offensive one and give him the job of running the country.

I don't think Biden is a nut job...he's just really, really old and slow, but yeah, we don't really get 2 choices anymore and we really haven't since the days of Romney or McCain who were relatively mainstream, especially compared to now.

It is a tough and thankless job and reporters dug up a lot of shit about you... not to mention the amount of pressure once you have to job. Pretty much all before... and then after 8 years photos of presidents look shocking. Both W and Obama appeared to have accelerated aging over the 8 years...

If you're happy with your current career making cool EVs and reusable rockets, even if you're qualify to be a president, you'll likely want to continue on doing your own thing rather than work at the Oval Office. Even the young Donald Trump didn't want to be president back then...

So it's a job probably only sought after by ego maniacs with nothing better to do or people who might need some 'immunity'... I think both Trump and Biden could need this 'immunity' to fight off their legal battles? Not to mention I think they're both ego maniacs.

Biden needs Lord Almighty to tell him to not run in order to step aside? Really? What happened to democracy?

Anyway, it's kinda fun to see DNC establishment imploding at the moment, but also kinda sad.

Hope for some implosions happening on the RNC side as well.

May the Lord God Almighty provide us with some good candidates please... not just the lesser of the 2 evils... Somebody who's running because he actually wants to do some good for the country and maybe around the world too! No more forever war presidents. If we're going to fight a war, we're going to fight all out against it and win it as quickly as possible... not this kind of drawn out one hand tight behind our back and watch innocent children die approach... Those kind of pathetic wars might happen, but at least make sure US money and weapons are not involved please!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 12th, 2024 at 09:02 AM.

Administrator
    I also don't think Harris is a nut job. Trump's not a nut job, he's just a narcissist who will do pretty much whatever it takes to gain and retain power. RFK Jr., on the other hand, is a certified nutjob.

Also thinking about the flubbing of names - I've been called by my sister's name more times than I can count by both my parents and multiple teachers over the years. That one doesn't seem that disqualifying to me. Unless, you know, "Ronny Jackson" or "Tim Apple" are disqualifying.

EDIT: My sister has chimed in to let me know that she is constantly calling her son Brian, so this sorta thing happens.

My mom goes through my bro’s names before getting to mine.

It's sweet that you guys both think that you elect a President, and that he runs the USA!
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; July 12th, 2024 at 07:57 PM.

I'm TERRIBLE with names...someone tells me what their name is, I'll forget it immediately most of the time. Even working in an office with a lot of co-workers who I've known for a while, I'll pass someone I know in the hallway and be like "Hey.......you"

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    It's sweet that you guys both think that you elect a President, and that he runs the USA!
    Very observant of western politics. Hope you’re equally as insightful with eastern politics.

Back to the West…, Oh no! Bernie Sanders is calling the Dems to quit bickering about Biden… to just give him full support so we can focus on defeating Trump!!!

Why did I say oh no? Because I’m pretty sure Dem establishment won’t listen to him and will likely gang up somehow to push Biden out…

Actually I’m not really sure whether if I should say oh no or oh yeah…