Page 2514 of 2541 FirstFirst ... 15142014241424642504251225132514251525162524 ... LastLast
Results 25,131 to 25,140 of 25402

Thread: Politics

What a surreal incident. Some amazing photos were taken…, one of which showed the bullet’s trajectory as it passes by Trump’s head…

The shooter is really perfect for generating more conspiracies. A young man who looks like a Trump supporter and a registered Republican, yet donated $15 to DNC. The weirdest part is that this young man has very little social media presence. So I guess we can’t blame social media for radicalizing the guy? The shooter’s dad doesn’t seem to know what happened, but he got the gun for the son I think…

Anyway, I’m still not voting for Trump.

I’m a little jaded by this kind of thing… Taiwan has a similarly close election once and then the candidate who went thru a failed assassination attempt end up winning the election. To this day, some thought the incident was staged, but I guess we’ll never know.

I’m not voting for Trump, but I’m kinda looking forward to see him ending the wars in Ukraine and Gaza. Things will likely be messier at home though…

Still hoping our next president won’t be either Biden or Trump… At least hopefully we’ll have a new morer of the two good guys becoming president… somebody who can truly unite the country.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So Trump chose JD Vance as his running-mate? lol awesome. (yes, I am watching a little bit of the news)

So instead of choosing someone who might help his vote with minorities (like Vivek or Marco Rubio) or women (like Nikki Haley...not that she'd want it I don't think), he chooses another white guy...one who hated Trump in 2016 and IIRC barely even won his senate seat in a highly contested race.

Brilliant move.

He's just trying to energize his base so much that they come out in better percentages than those who oppose him. He doesn't need or want to appeal to other groups, he just needs to convince his people to do whatever it takes to give him absolute power. And he's well on his way.
    Get that weak shit off my track

At least he didn't call for more violence... just Vance.

His VP pick is a surprise to me... because I've never heard of the guy. I suppose Trump knows it doesn't matter who he picks, he won't win my vote anyway. So I suppose this young senator, who's supposedly a good friend of his son, may be easier to control than Pence?

Or maybe he just likes to make things rhyme? Doesn't matter if it's Pence or Vance since I shall remain on the fence!

While I am concerned about the election, I DO still have hope that most voters can see through the b.s. and not give Trump a pass due to the recent incident. It is also going to be 3+ months away by the time November comes around.

Administrator
    Democrats need to start hammering on Project 2025 and the way that he's stacked the courts to the point of basically lawlessness. We need to be relentless on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Democrats need to start hammering on Project 2025 and the way that he's stacked the courts to the point of basically lawlessness. We need to be relentless on this.
    I agree but I think it's better to wait a few weeks...people also have short attention spans...once the democratic convention starts they can hammer it home. I'm also looking forward to the VP debate.

Administrator
    Maybe it is. What I'm seeing right now is that the party calling for "second amendment solutions" and executing their opponents are somehow succeeding at getting democrats to almost accept the blame for "inflaming rhetoric." Even as it's becoming clearer that this appears to be more a "school shooter wants to be noticed and go out in a blaze of glory" thing rather than a politically motivated act. The democratic party is so atrociously bad at this so I think it's time to focus on a couple of the worst things and just start hammering them and not stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    it's becoming clearer that this appears to be more a "school shooter wants to be noticed and go out in a blaze of glory" thing rather than a politically motivated act.
    Regardless of the motive, imagine what'd happen if we have a dead Trump? Surely our nation will descend into a chaos and we'll possibly end up with another civil war. Attempts to impeach, indict and prosecute their guy isn't enough, you feel the need to assassinate him? That may very well be the last straw that breaks USA's back...

I still find it hard to believe that a crazy kid could plan it so well that government agencies simply missed him on the roof and also couldn't find any info about him on social media at all. This kid really is the perfect candidate for the job. Is he a Republican or Progressive? Nerdy smart kid who couldn't shoot? Very caring nurse working at a nursing home? From his dad to people in his school to his colleagues, it seems nobody believe he's capable of doing what he did. This is just weird.

I think worst case scenario is that Trump planned this himself... then we're screwed.

2nd worst case scenario would be establishment planning to push Trump out.

I suppose it's possible that he's just a crazy mass shooter who happens to be shooting up at a MAGA event, but Secret Service really screwed it up to allow a bullet to get so close to a president. Hard to believe SS planned it so badly...

We'll likely find no evidences supporting absolutely nothing and then we'll just let this go at that and blame people for believing in conspiracy theories as dumbasses...

Administrator
    As usual, someone else on the internet put it better than I did. Right now the GOP is succeeding by basically saying "You complaining about me beating you is tearing this family apart!"