Page 2523 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 15232023242324732513252125222523252425252533 ... LastLast
Results 25,221 to 25,230 of 25491

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    It is kinda interesting why Trump is still attacking Biden when he’s no longer a threat.
    Biden? He still attacks Obama

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Lauren Boebert out here "demanding" a proof-of-life video by Biden.

Just the least serious people.
    Oooh, that's why. Laura fuckin' Loomer is out there claiming that the letter Biden put out announcing he was going to drop out of the race isn't on some specific letterhead she thinks it has to be on, so now she's convinced that Biden died and they forged his signature and they're just going to do a Weekend at Bernie's until November.

Hoping she goes and handcuffs herself to some other building soon.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I can't believe people are gullible enough to get "info" from her....in a party of nutcases, she's one of the nuttiest.

Junior Potato
    So anyway, will electing Harris as president finally get you guys some healthcare?

Administrator
    I believe she actually did co-sponsor a Medicare for All bill with Bernie Sanders, so probably more hope than one might normally have. Really depends on how the down ballot races go.

How many percentages are moving voters?
    I remember somebody was estimating a value as low as 5%.

Moving here is moving horizontally.
    Other part is moving vertically, yes or no vote style.

I remember also that one southern east cost state Dems did well by agitating voters to vote.
    Seems to be a GOP tactics now.

Flipping a vote is of course more effective.
    But two new voters has a better probability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    So anyway, will electing Harris as president finally get you guys some healthcare?
    No, but it will get girls some healthcare back.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    No, but it will get girls some healthcare back.
    This is true...and Trump's Project 2025 has some truly insane anti-women's healthcare measures, like tracking and arresting women who try to cross state lines to get abortions, and banning contraception entirely.

Basically the GOP's plan is, they know they need more workers but they don't like immigrants...(or other minorities) so the way around this is forced birth. That's why they keep going on about these "traditional marriages" and that women's place is at home raising kids. Banning contraception and abortion gets them closer to that goal.

I really don't get how anyone can be against life and how anyone could be against choice. Roe vs Wade is really a dumb thing to fight about. We just can't be so pro-life that we stop caring for women's life. We also shouldn't be so pro-choice to complete deny the baby's opportunity to make a choice. This is definitely a major reason why I don't like either side.

As for immigration, I do feel the left is not understanding the concern of the right... that is they are against 'illegal' immigration, not immigration in general. Both Trump and Vance's wives are not originally from the US. At least Vance has proven to not be a white supremacist by having a dark skinned wife?

We now even have Chinese illegally crossing the Mexican border because it's easier to get in that way. Imagine who else could come in? The word is out around the globe! While we're bickering about it, our borders are being crossed. I don't think there's anything wrong to secure our border. So that we can have more 'legal' immigration, rather than illegal ones.

As for 'traditional marriage', it's now beginning to sound bad for one man and one woman to raise a family with single income. Hey, it's your life so your choice, but I for one have no problem with 'traditional marriage/family'. I think it's still the most ideal way to raise children. Of course, we don't live in an ideal world, so we need to be more realistic and more accepting, but I don't think we need to make it sound bad for women to actually want to stay home and take care of the kids... I suppose it's not really about gender, if my wife can make more money, I'd gladly stay home to take care of my daughter. Point is that it's better if we could raise our own kids rather than let some paid baby sitter do it all the time.

Anyway, back to the election, it does seem Obama hasn't yet endorse Harris. I wonder what's he cooking up... maybe Michelle will run?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 23rd, 2024 at 08:10 AM.