Page 2534 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 15342034243424842524253225332534253525362544 ... LastLast
Results 25,331 to 25,340 of 25516

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    I'm not sure I actually think this is a good thing, but this is definitely the first time I've seen a screenshotted @dril tweet in a presidential candidate's press release.

https://bsky.app/profile/joshuajfrie.../3kzaadp2uej2x

Link to full release (it does appear to be the actual release, even if the site does some unusual formatting for it):

https://www.insidernj.com/press-rele...ss-conference/

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Some people are talking about whether Tim Walz is like Hillary's VP pick Tim Kaine....and I was like "who?".........I literally could not remember anything about Hillary's VP pick at all...he was so out of the picture.

Tim Walz has already gone a lot further I think.

Even within such a short timeframe, I have to agree Walz is more interesting than Kaine.

I'm fascinated by Walz's net worth. Supposedly the man owns no stocks, bonds and not even real estate!

How can a man in his position never have financial advisors recommending various investments? Surely he must've deliberately to not want to invest? Why?

Of course if he owns lots of stuffs that's just not under his name, then it's a deal breaker for me. I don't want such a scheming person as VP or P. However, if he has good reason to live the way he's living now, I'd like to know more...

This kind of lifestyle is more like Bernie Sanders or Mike Pence types... was definitely not expecting Walz to live such a boring and simple life.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 9th, 2024 at 08:56 AM.

I am enjoying how much they are trying to shit on the military backgrounds of each VP when the Presidential candidates have zero military background. I mean jeezus people…

Hey, Jeezus had no military experience too!

He doesn't fight with swords or guns, but with love!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 9th, 2024 at 09:46 AM.

Rumors are implying that part of the reason Trump isn't campaigning in a lot of places is because he never paid the bills from previous rallies at those places.

Also, it seems he isn't paying the fuel bills for his plane so he's being diverted from landing at certain airports

https://bsky.app/profile/liminal67.b.../3kzdh6eacps2v

Administrator
    Tim Walz had a Dreamcast he played so much that his wife took it away from him. He's got my vote.

Things just feel kinda iffy at the moment…

Similar to stock market, like it’s not sure whether to grow explosively or crash spectacularly… sure feel like things could go either way.

Same with Harris/Walz, I do recall there was also this initial enthusiasm during the 2020 primary as well. Kamala was good at attacking, but then when she needs to go off script and talk about something more substantive…, things began to crash down on her…

Saving grace is the Trump is now the old rambling mumbling slurring guy now, so maybe the 60 year old pair can project some youthfulness better…

It be great if we could just skip the debates and just vote now…

As for Walz’s owning zero stocks/bonds/real estates, I’m still on the fence about that. That’s just such an odd approach for a governor. Surely we don’t want our politicians doing insider’s trading, but to have zero investments just doesn’t seem normal. I suspect he might be ‘hiding’ something else where? Or he really just doesn’t believe in investing? Do we really want a president who doesn’t believe in investing?

Anyway, I think that’s the only ‘weird’ thing I can find about Walz. Otherwise I kinda do like him better than Kamala.

DNC Convention is next week...not a big deal overall as I don't expect a lot of "news" to come out of it, however I am a bit annoyed at the lineup of speakers. It's just....old Democratic Party.

Biden- of course, fine
    Obama - cool
    Hillary Clinton - ehhh
    Bill Clinton - wtf why??
    Walz - great!

Really I think it's time to dump the Clintons...we should have Pete Buttigeig or Gavin Newsom up there, we should have any other younger Democrats that people actually like. I am glad Shapiro isn't speaking but there's others that would be good.

Administrator
    Hard pass on Newsom, but overall I agree. The Clintons are honestly a lot of baggage at this point.