Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: GAS talk

The second gen of the AD600 Pro has been announced, and offers some interesting new upgrades that mostly don't interest me, so I'm happy I got the soon-to-be-old models at a discounted price.

https://www.adorama.com/alc/xplor-600-pro-ii-r2-ttl/

I went to a "Content Creator Day" event at a big local camera store, with some brand reps and a few "classes". It was nice to see a live demo of portrait lighting, adding more lights and modifiers to see what each did individually. Makes me think that my next purchase might be a 1'x3' strip box for rim lighting.

It will not be the MagMod XL kit that I keep thinking about, because I finally watched a comparison video from someone that wasn't a MagMod ambassador, and it just doesn't seem like it does enough for the price.

If I were to make another big purchase, it would be the Tamron f2-2.8 35-150 lens. I barely use the 28 mm wide end on my 28-75, and it seems like the 80-135 range is great for portraits, which is what I mostly do. But even with selling the current lens I'd still probably be spending $1200 on that, with no real monetization plans in sight.

Also, I went back to HSS instead of the ND filter, because I was getting frustrated with the color cast I was getting.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I like this guy's reviews of lights for technical capabilities and user-friendliness.

Get that weak shit off my track