Page 2551 of 2554 FirstFirst ... 1551205124512501254125492550255125522553 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,510 of 25540

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Oh, c'mon, Mo. Mass shootings are so common in the US now that we don't even bother posting to the mass shooting thread. That ship sailed with Bernie on it, did a couple of rounds of the Atlantic, was retired as a ship, turned into a museum, and now is somewhere where you can get a good corndog.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Anytime there is a mass shooting, remember, Bernie FUCKING Sanders is the reason why we can't hold gun manufacturers accountable.
    Remember also that every time a thick blue wall can change things.
    Though seems that for now a new whip is closer.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Anytime there is a mass shooting, remember, Bernie FUCKING Sanders is the reason why we can't hold gun manufacturers accountable.
    How about let’s try to remember the good things Biden/Harris has done for the past 4 years? What are their signature moves that made our nation so much better? Why we absolutely need them for the next 4 years?

With regard to gun control, I do believe Vance was pretty lame to say that we ought to just accept school shootings as realities of life. Sure, for us average Americans, what else can we do except to just accept this reality? It's all Bernie Sander's fault, right? If only that old old man kicks the bucket, surely we won't have any gun problems..., but still, as someone in leadership position, that's the best you can do? Allow American kids to just accept that? That for sure made me want to vote for Kamala more.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 9th, 2024 at 07:32 AM.

More relevant to our current election cycle... had some political chat with some new friends we've met at the PNW area... and this guy was retired from the army recently. He's not overtly a Trump supporter like my next door neighbor, but after some digging, he's clearly also a Trump supporter. He sounded pretty much like Tulsi Gabbard. He had been deployed to the various battlefields... and was saying that in 'forever wars', they had no clear objective. Required very lengthy timeframe to get whatever authorization to act. Clearly their objective wasn't to win a war. Enemies in Iraq always have time to get re-supplies or re-enforcements from Iran... or in Afganistan, they always had Pakistani support. The difference with Trump was that they were allowed to actually win! That's how they're able to defeat ISIS.

Anyway, not sure if he holds the majority view in the military? However, my suspicion is that most military are conservatives... and most likely more incline to support Trump rather than the Republican establishment. I think he just thinks that our government is now too corrupt and he's glad that he's outta there considering how unstable it is around the world now...

Lastly, I didn't ask him what he'd do if Trump becomes a dictator, but my guess would be that people like him and Tulsi for sure won't actually support a dictator. They just think our current government is corrupt and hopeful of Trump cleaning things up... I doubt they'd support Trump to be a dictator.

Anyway, I still really don't have a personal preference yet... I just pray and hope whoever won will really help lead America to a better place. The coming debate should be interesting. Trump is getting old and rambling more... Kamala also has a tendency to ramble on with her word salad whenever going off script... so the upcoming debate should be fun to watch.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Oh, yeah! I remember!

Bernie is the sole reason why Obama's supermajority was only able to pass a lukewarm healthcare reform. When the people were rioting for new regulatory frameworks for immigration, finance and labor, it was Sanders who brought it all down.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; September 9th, 2024 at 12:21 PM.
    acket.

What a bad bad man! Rigged the 2020 primary too! Nearly eliminated Biden and Kamala! Good thing voters are smarter than Bernie’s scheme and we now have the proper candidates in the WH! Whew!

I’d think Neanderthal would be happy about the final outcome, but somehow he’s still bitter about that loser old man ruining the country… it’s okay now dude! Your enemy should be Trump, not Bernie! Threat to our democracy should be the orange old man, right?

Fortunately I don’t see Biden blaming Sanders about mass shootings. That really makes no sense.

Administrator
    Earlier, one of our esteemed friends was pondering why it would be that people like Elon Musk have gravitated towards Trump. The supposition was that it must be something bad about the democrats that drove him away.

He just spent most of today claiming that Haitian immigrants will eat your pets. A racist trope that's at *least* a century old and has been applied to many different non-white groups, including people from Asia.

It's simple. Apartheid boy is super happy that he gets to talk shit about black people and the MAGA folks applaud him for it instead of telling him to go fuck himself. It's not that the democrats drove him away, it's that MAGA welcomed his most base racist reflexes with open arms. End of story.

What rock did you find Andy Richter underneath?

Administrator
    I've followed him for a while now on bluesky/twitter.

Elno is definitely not perfect, but I think if we were to compare his more established companies against GM and Boeing… then I think we can see the differences between companies cozy with the ‘establishment’ and his companies?

I wouldn’t call his companies more conservative nor to the right…, but I do believe GM and Boeing are getting too big and too inefficient.

Do you think our government is being run more like Boeing or SpaceX? Would it be horrible if our government is reformed to run more like SpaceX?

I personally would prefer Elon stays in the private sector building stuffs rather the politics… plus, considering most who had worked for Trump soured on their relationships, Elon would be dumb to be part of Trump admin…

But to answer your question, I tend to think Elon was pushed! Yeah, his big politically incorrect mouth/tweets are probably what started the push? But seriously, I think the left has moved more to the left or to some weird place too. Boeing, at least, has over the years moved out of Seattle and was inching closer and closer to Sauron! New CEO has pledge to move senior management back to Seattle, hopefully Boeing will finally be heading in the right direction.

Besides worrying about Elon, is the Democratic party really moving in the right direction? Maybe if we could try to avoid party talks then we'll be able to see with better clarity? So you think our government in general is heading toward the right direction?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 10th, 2024 at 07:09 AM.