Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

You’ll have to at least be good enough to beat your teammate!

JV was gifted with a great Newey ride, but he had to be better than his teammate to win the WDC.

Also, Newey’s magic will take time. Alonso is probably too old to enjoy the fruits of Neweys design.

Stroll’s not a horrible driver, but it should be clear to dad now that he’s not WDC caliber…

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Lmao

seriously though, it was rumored that in his Williams years, Lance was going to GP venues in lesser cars with a coaching staff to learn the circuits before he raced on them.

I fully expect AMR to build him a testing rig on which he can come to terms with whatever behavior quirks Newey's next creation suffers from.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    I think we are about to enter an epoch where record numbers of Newey-designed race cars find their way into gravel traps and crash barriers across the world.

And I'm not talking about road cars driven by rich idiots. I'm talking about race cars driven by one rich idiot.

I think you're exaggerating in the same way people exaggerate about Perez.

Perez spent a decade driving in the midfield and capitalizing on alternative strategies, not outright pace; can't expect him to excel in opposite situations.

Stroll has spent half a decade showing moments of maximum pace mixed with moments of maximum impatience, and a lot of un-adaptiveness in between. If he can be a bit more relaxed, he'll be well-suited to take a made-to-measure car to the WDC.
    acket.

Perez out Q’ed Max! Maybe RB did improved the chassis for normal drivers? Max was just better at driving an unstable car very fast?

Anyway, did Lando crack under pressure? He’s too nice and allowing pressure to get to him… wonder what’s going on… sigh…

Lastly, look at all those fast rookies!

[edit] so lando’s lap was ruined by some weird yellow flag?!?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 14th, 2024 at 07:43 AM.

So after reading something from Newey about how biased Sky Sports is towards British drivers I saw it in full force today at qualifying. They were talking to Lando like his mom just died…awww I’m so sorry, wow tough luck, you poor thing.
    And Bearman is doing such a great job! Wow he’s just making such great decisions!!! Aaand he’s out in Q2.
    Colapinto makes Q3 and wow what a surprise. Barely registers a blip.

No wonder these guys shit on Max all the time and chastise Oscar for being sooo selfish for not letting Lando through.

England is kind of a hub for racing… Lotus, McLaren, Williams… and also everyone in the sport speaks English… so I think it’s understandable that they’re a bit more biased for English drivers…

However, ever since Nigel Mansell, there weren’t that many great English drivers though… not until Hamilton. I guess I’m glad HAM is black, otherwise you might think they’re a bunch of racist white supremacist?

Anyway, each multi champ had proven themselves with actual titles. Whatever bias they have really won’t make that much of a difference in the outcome. F1 teams are for sure important, but clearly only the great ones can win WDC multiple times. White British drivers clearly do not have an edge!

Why was Newey complaining about this I wonder?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 14th, 2024 at 02:11 PM.

Lando has proven to be a good sport, doing his part to help Oscar win a race!

Going forward, will Oscar return the favor?

I doubt it.

Oscar is definitely showcasing to the world what he’s made of.

The newer rookies are impressive too. How can they be so fast on a track like this… making their more senior teammates look bad!

Anyway, I’m still not sure how Sainz and Perez crashed. I’m suspecting Perez was just too unnecessarily close? What an odd and rather heavy crash!