PDA

View Full Version : This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Sad, little man
January 7th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Here it is, your shiny new thread about nothing! Let the pointlessness begin!

Sad, little man
January 7th, 2014, 12:48 AM
I hadn't heard about this until now, but I think it's awesome. Stephen Hawking held a party for time travelers, but didn't tell anyone about it until a couple years later when he made invitations for it. :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/02/stephen-hawking-time-travel_n_1643488.html

I think the cool part is, I'm sure to him it was much more than just a funny stunt. Somewhere in his huge brain it probably made perfect sense, and I bet he was half expecting someone to show up.

overpowered
January 7th, 2014, 08:06 AM
You want pointless? Well then: Tila Tequila

Alan P
January 7th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Hmm. Pizza, Chinese or fish and chips?

Cam
January 7th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Lori and I got a BBQ! Let the grilling begin!

Kchrpm
January 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM
SCGTXFPBBQ!

It won't let me go all caps :( Unless I add other text, so the whole post isn't all caps. Interesting.

speedpimp
January 7th, 2014, 01:39 PM
SCGTXFPBBQ!

You forgot the LOL! How can you have a bloody bleeding SCGTXFPBBQ! without the LOL? HUH?

Conman
January 7th, 2014, 07:16 PM
24 Hours, no real cigarette. I am using an e-cig with a medium level of nicotine. Baby steps.

overpowered
January 7th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Whatever it takes.

Sad, little man
January 9th, 2014, 08:05 AM
People that brush their teeth in the office bathroom at lunch time disturb me. Seriously, won't they be fine until you get home? If they won't, you probably need to have some repairs done on them.

Are these people just victims of an overbearing, menacing dentist? Do they have some terrible oral affliction? What the hell is going on there?

Leon
January 9th, 2014, 08:38 AM
why do shaving cuts on your neck hurt so far beyond the actual extent of the damage done?

GreatScawt
January 9th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Hah, just given the nature of my internet perusing, I've got this awful habit of hitting up the Refuge still.

Random
January 9th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Yeah, muscle memory--I keep scrolling to that bookmark, too. :D

Kchrpm
January 9th, 2014, 09:32 AM
People that brush their teeth in the office bathroom at lunch time disturb me. Seriously, won't they be fine until you get home? If they won't, you probably need to have some repairs done on them.

Are these people just victims of an overbearing, menacing dentist? Do they have some terrible oral affliction? What the hell is going on there?
I am of the opinion that current dental hygiene technology has advanced to the point that mid-day cleanings are not necessary. I do not have any real proof to back it up. Some people would rather be safe than toothless, I have nothing to tell them they shouldn't do it and it doesn't bother me anymore than anyone else using the restroom the same time as me, so I just ignore it.

speedpimp
January 9th, 2014, 02:36 PM
24 Hours, no real cigarette. I am using an e-cig with a medium level of nicotine. Baby steps.

You can do it. If there was ever one thing in my life I don't regret doing, it was quitting smoking. Best of luck to you.

George
January 9th, 2014, 03:34 PM

Good luck Conman! I quit smokeless tobacco (Skoal Mint) after 30 years 249 days ago. I did it cold turkey. It was one of the most certain and intensely final decisions I've ever made in my life. One day (5/5/2013), I simply woke up and asked myself, "What the ---- are you doing? Stop poisoning your body. You're a father now. Grow up."

The first month was awful. I was suprised, since I considered myself a light user, but it's amazing what nicotine does to your body and to your brain. I was going around picking fights with people - not only my friends on the internet but total strangers - people who cut me off in traffic, etc. I may be an asshole, but never (okay, very rarely) like that! Somehow I managed to stay calm at home (where I seldom used tobacco) but once I got in my car and couldn't grab a pinch of Skoal, I turned into Joe Rage until I got home from work to my safe surroundings.

Now I barely ever think about it tobacco.

If a weak man like me can do it, certainly you can too.

George
January 9th, 2014, 03:38 PM

I brushed my teeth in the bathroom at work just yesterday. I had a dentist appointment at 11:30. It's close to my office, so at 11:15 I went in and scrubbed my fangs so the hygenist wouldn't pass out from breath that smelled like a dead man's feet. Since I started bicycling to work last summer, I keep toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, soap, shampoo, etc. in my locker at work, so it was right there for me to use.

George
January 9th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Lori and I got a BBQ! Let the grilling begin!

Hey Cam, not grilling related, but did you ever try a mustard-based BBQ pork sammich from Maurice's Piggy Park or his competitors?

I'm going back to Charleston in 2015 and one of the first places I'll go is to Robert's BBQ in N.Chas for a big-ol' mustart sammich and some of those onion rings that have so much batter on them that it's like eating an onion donut. Rumor has it that Robert and Maurice are brothers, but it doesn't matter. I just love that stuff from any of a number of similar fine establishments catering to the overweight and those aspiring to be.

Of course I put Fry Sauce on the rings like a good GTX member should!

Man, I miss SC-style BBQ!

*wipes slobber off mouth like Wile E. Coyote*

21Kid
January 10th, 2014, 05:15 AM

Are these people just victims of an overbearing, menacing dentist? Do they have some terrible oral affliction? What the hell is going on there?I do it on occasion. I sometimes forget to brush before I leave for work in the morning and don't like having coffee breath. Or if I have a lunch that gets stuck in my teeth or something? IDK. I have floss at work too, just in case. Maybe I'm just self-conscious from my previous smoking days that I have bad breath, but if I have a meeting I'd rather not find out. Not a good impression to leave on clients or co-workers.

You forgot the LOL! How can you have a bloody bleeding SCGTXFPBBQ! without the LOL? HUH?And the WTF. You can't have a good GTXF without a BBQ a LOL and a WTF. Also, :up: that you can't JUST use ALL CAPS.

Kchrpm
January 10th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Oh yeah, I do have floss sticks that I use varying amounts (I'll go a month without, and then days in a row using them). Just sometimes my mouth doesn't feel clean, whether there's something stuck in between my teeth or whatever, and I just want to do something about it.

TheBenior
January 10th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks to our extreme cold, the washers in the building next to mine (same property company for my building and the two north of me) had their pipes freeze up and make them inoperable.

I went to sleep with water seeping from above my bedroom window (which has happened before without major incident), and woke up to water dripping from above said window, the bedroom and bedroom closet light fixtures, and the doorway. A gutter was frozen from the blizzard followed by extreme cold, and today it got up to mid 30F with steady rain. I placed buckets and went to a laundromat (since my attempts to do so in the building failed the previous day).

While I was gone, the bucket on my bed tipped over, so my mattress has pretty much been ruined with nasty water that snaked through the top two stories of the building.

Rob
January 10th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Ugh. I'd have placed the bucket on a slab of some description rather than just standing on the mattress. Hindsight and all...

21Kid
January 11th, 2014, 07:02 AM
I think Jason has experience with dripping ceiling/windows and dealing with said landlords.

Don't take his advice. :|

speedpimp
January 11th, 2014, 01:13 PM
At work this morning the terminal manager handed keys to a driver and told him to go to the Ryder yard next door where we park our trucks and bring that truck back. While I'm in the yard getting my truck for the day I see the other driver get into a truck for another company and proceed to drive it over to our terminal. When I get back I find the manager and ask him if that other company is part of ours now, he gives me a weird look and I show him the truck outside. The other driver was kind of confused, even when the manager pointed out the other company's logo on the door. So he then drove the truck back and brought the right truck back.

The other driver was told to bring back truck 100(which has our company logo on it), but he didn't see that truck and instead saw truck 1000(with another company's logo on the door), so he used the keys for 100 to unlock and start 1000. That means that both trucks are keyed the same.

Drachen596
January 12th, 2014, 03:53 PM
ive read that a lot of the major truck makers only use a handful of various key cuts. one of the points made by the person who wrote what i saw was that if you drive for a particular company and get locked out see if you can find another driver from your company and try his key, chances are good it'll work.

21Kid
January 13th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Best theft deterrent system= manual transmission

thesameguy
January 13th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Pretty sure it's actually a sack of cobras in the passenger seat. YMMV.

Drachen596
January 13th, 2014, 11:57 AM
trunk monkey and/or owning a terrible car no one wants.

thesameguy
January 13th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Would have thought Red Bull and donuts would be a fantastic breakfast, but I was wrong. Very wrong.

speedpimp
January 13th, 2014, 02:44 PM
My daily breakfast is two apples and a cup of black coffee. That usually keeps my going all day.

Kchrpm
January 13th, 2014, 02:46 PM
My daily breakfast is two apples and a cup of black coffee. That usually keeps my bowels going all day.
FTFY

George
January 13th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Best theft deterrent system= manual transmission

Among truck drivers? Probably not.

I'd go with the trunk cobras or whatever else was suggested instead.

overpowered
January 13th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Beer. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

speedpimp
January 13th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Among truck drivers? Probably not.

I'd go with the trunk cobras or whatever else was suggested instead.

With the guy in question I'm pretty sure it would've been a deterrent.

speedpimp
January 13th, 2014, 04:15 PM
FTFY

Very funny.

Alan P
January 13th, 2014, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYIKdQcqbjI

Drachen596
January 14th, 2014, 04:45 PM
it occurred to me the other day while watching some Battlestar Galactica movie on Sci Fi:

why do the Cylons(or any robot/android race in movies/shows) use audible and visible alarm systems? I would think that they would all be connected wirelessly in the future and have no need for giant alarms that would let the evil humans know they tripped the thing.

Kchrpm
January 14th, 2014, 06:23 PM
So that the viewer can see and hear them.

GB
January 15th, 2014, 08:36 PM
For about a year now I've had a(n) (irrational?) craving for a Jaguar XF-R.

http://www.offleaseonly.com/used-car/Jaguar-XF-XFR-SAJWA0JC4AMR53757.htm

Sad, little man
January 15th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Sure, you have articles like this...

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/15/sport/tennis/australian-open-weather-heat/

But global warming is still fake because it was really cold in the US last week. :rolleyes:

JoshInKC
January 16th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Brrrr...
My furnace died last night. Glad I paid for serious insulation when I bought this place, but it still got down to 52 degrees overnight. Also glad it didn't die 2 weeks ago when we had daily highs in the 0's.

Random
January 16th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Sure, you have articles like this...

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/15/sport/tennis/australian-open-weather-heat/

But global warming is still fake because it was really cold in the US last week. :rolleyes:

Near record highs out here (and a hell of a drought looming).

overpowered
January 16th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Why the hell can't people who are supposedly professional JEE programmers not work in Linux, at all?

JEE servers are usually Linux or UNIX based, especially in high capacity, high availability environments. Sigh.

speedpimp
January 16th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Today I saw my aunt and uncle for the first time in thirty years. I wish it had been under better circumstances. Unfortunately it wasn't because last Friday my cousin lost his wife of 23 years. They met in 1984 and hadn't spent a day apart from each other since the late '80's. Life really sucks a bowl of dicks sometimes.

overpowered
January 18th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Don't be the 100th luftballon.

Alan P
January 19th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Is it bad that I'm developing a 'thing' for Brandi from Storage Wars?

Drachen596
January 19th, 2014, 04:02 PM
numbers bad at work? you get fired.

tag someone with the clamp on a forklift while turning around? no problem you'll be back on a lift the next day.

speedpimp
January 19th, 2014, 04:29 PM
At my last job the head of the shipping department was on a stand-up lift and almost ran into someone. He got three days off of work.
At the current job the main fork lift driver is a temp who drives too damn fast for as small of a space as we have.

Drachen596
January 19th, 2014, 04:45 PM
paramedics got called as a result of that incident. that whole group is temps though. all our supervisors from OUR side were up there dealing with it for over an hour last Thursday.

FaultyMario
January 19th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Is it bad that I'm developing a 'thing' for Brandi from Storage Wars?

Claire Robinson from food network here.

Sad, little man
January 21st, 2014, 08:00 AM
I keep so many Internet Explorer windows open at work that sometimes it's kind of refreshing when it crashes and wipes them all out. I kind of welcome it. It's like someone walking in my cube once in a while, taking their arm, and wiping everything off my desk and onto the floor.

...Ahhhh, a fresh start. :)

tigeraid
January 21st, 2014, 09:50 AM
You know, if you used a browser worth a shit, you could keep many many tabs open and it wouldn't crash at all. There's even an option to "close all tabs!"

21Kid
January 21st, 2014, 11:16 AM
It would be nice to have that option...

thesameguy
January 21st, 2014, 11:33 AM
I remember when I had options.

Sad, little man
January 21st, 2014, 01:16 PM
Sure thing tiger... I'll just stop using the eleventy billion Ford systems that are critical to my job and will absolutely not function in any browser other than IE.

thesameguy
January 21st, 2014, 01:29 PM
Don't believe the hype. Every browser has major problems, none of them work as well as they should. For whatever it is a person does, there is a browser that will work best for them. But suggesting "one browser fits all" is simply, sadly, untrue.

Drachen596
January 21st, 2014, 02:38 PM
is it every job where you get different answers from different people in regards to the SAME problem that is supposed to be resolved in a specific singular way?

i ask because i got told not to do something by a supervisor that the trainer had told me to go ahead and do.

Alan P
January 21st, 2014, 03:19 PM
I spent last night in the local hospital with what turned out to be A kidney stone. Jesus H Mary and Joseph, who would have thought such a little thing could wreak so much havoc. Sharp shooting pains in my right kidney, nausea, puking, hot and cold sweats and so unsteady on my feet they had to move me on the bed I lay down on in A&E. Morphine is a fantastic drug. Thankfully the stone left my kidney early this morning and I'm now at home but holy crap I've never known pain like it.

overpowered
January 21st, 2014, 04:13 PM
IE is still the worst. Unfortunately, some web developers exclusively target IE and end up with pages that only work on IE. This is less true than it used to be but it still happens.

IE does have some facilities for corporate IT departments to lock down the browser (not to mention stuff for them to lock down Windows). These IT departments do not install Firefox or Chrome nor do they allow their users to do so.

Many large corporate IT departments still have a lot of users on XP and the newest version of IE for XP is IE8. IE8 sucks diseased donkey balls.

My company is mainly a B2B business and so we still have to support IE8. I can live with IE9, though I prefer not to. IE8 makes me want to track responsible people down and kick them in the balls.

Yw-slayer
January 21st, 2014, 04:46 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Alan.

Drachen - you may want to put it in writing so that someone else gets blamed if there's a fuck-up.

Alan P
January 22nd, 2014, 05:52 PM
YW I'm all fixed up. Stone apparently passed into my Bladder last night which meant the pain went away and I was back at work today sadly. Still don't think I've actually passed the damn thing yet as I've been pain free since.

Yw-slayer
January 22nd, 2014, 06:24 PM
Cool, dude.

Conman
January 22nd, 2014, 08:42 PM
Kidney stones suck major ass. Worst pain of my life. All ten times. Be glad it was small enough to pass. The alternatives suck.

Alan P
January 23rd, 2014, 07:27 PM
That's what I'm worried about. That I haven't passed it yet and it's sitting there, waiting, lurking to catch me off guard.

FaultyMario
January 23rd, 2014, 07:32 PM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.163391843814428.38199.163388563814756&type=1

(not) 'nuff said!

21Kid
January 24th, 2014, 08:03 AM
When I was last working at one of the largest banks, they were still using IE6 for their main brower. It took months for them to test all of their programs and systems to upgrade to IE. This was in 2012.

Alan P
January 24th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Yup. We were still using IE6 on our work machines in 2012. It got to the point where we couldn't even follow our customers paths through some of our own programmes and our own website because they didn't work properly with IE6. Windows 8 now though, thankfully.

Sad, little man
January 25th, 2014, 01:53 PM
You've made the right choice, Mr. Hollande. :up: :up:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=202&d=1390690381

Drachen596
January 25th, 2014, 03:22 PM
got fitted for the tux i'll wear to my sisters wedding.

while there i was pretty amazed at the colors available compared to what she and her fiance chose. the colors for the wedding are black tuxes, kelly green vests for groomsmen, lavender/purple vest for groom and the ring bearer. white wedding dress and kelly green bridesmaid dresses.

i'm not a fancy dresser type of guy but they had an amazing looking dark purple vest/bowtie/tie combo available.

GreatScawt
January 27th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Related to a rant from previous thread...
http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

overpowered
January 27th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Interactive map of preventable viral outbreaks.

http://www.cfr.org/interactives/GH_Vaccine_Map/#map

Polio is in there. :rolleyes:

Godson
January 27th, 2014, 09:53 PM
heh... I need to start working out again. Perhaps once I get comfortable with this semester in school I'll get a membership. I know the headcoach wants to. Perhaps we can roll it in to a business expense for healthier coaches...

Sad, little man
January 29th, 2014, 09:05 AM
If your GPS has the map view set so that the top of the map is always aligned with the direction you're pointing, you're only confusing yourself.

North up people... North up. It just makes sense.

Don't even get me started on 3D map view... You might as well just put up a screensaver. It would give you just about the same amount of info.

Kchrpm
January 29th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I disagree. It's just another instant of processing you need to do as you quickly approach an intersection of roads/highways that peel off in subtly different ways and directions.

Luckily if it's an option you can do whatever is comfortable for you.

21Kid
January 29th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I'm with Keith. My GPS map rotates. I'd like to see which way I'm turning at the next intersection. If I wanted to figure all of that out I wouldn't be using GPS in the first place.

Godson
January 29th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I am with SLM. I also am used to looking at a map the old fashioned way as from my orienteering experiences from scouts.

Random
January 29th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I look at maps north up. I look at GPS directions with track up. Go figure. :)

Conman
January 29th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Orient my maps to my direction of travel. Use Track up on GPS. Can use either.

Drachen596
January 29th, 2014, 01:31 PM
only confusing myself by seeing what roads are directly in front of me on my travel route. right..

i do it even in video games.

Sad, little man
January 29th, 2014, 03:00 PM
You can tell just as easily what roads are directly in front of you by looking at... Well, what roads are directly in front of the pointer. :erm:

It doesn't make sense to have the entire map randomly spinning around on the screen. Don't any of you care what direction you're actually traveling? If you complain about being confused about what roads are in front of you, to me it seems like that confusion would pale in comparison to the confusion of looking at an on-screen compass and then mentally rotating the entire map back in the opposite direction to get an accurate sense of what direction you're going.

Sad, little man
January 29th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Someday when I win the lottery, I'm going to commission some advanced company like http://www.atmel.com/ to custom design some kind of micro-controller chip for me. The whole thing will be completely over my head, but I'll insist on micromanaging every aspect of the design process that I know nothing about. Then one day I'll completely flip out over some arbitrary detail like what one of the pins is labeled as. I'll furiously tell them to scrap the design and start over completely.

I'll do this over and over until I either run out of money for development costs or they refuse to let me in the building anymore.

Drachen596
January 29th, 2014, 03:48 PM
the movement direction of the map is the same as the cars. how is that confusing in the least?

its not like it randomly spins the map for no reason.

taking a cue from the NHL the ECHL that the Fort Wayne Komets are a part of will be having outdoor games next year. the Komets will be a part of the second one.

Alan P
January 29th, 2014, 05:27 PM
One is very happy. Over the course of about three weeks I've gone from £10 in my online betting account to £320, all in wins. Athletic Bilbao were playing Atletico Madrid in the Copa Del Ray tonight (Spanish cup). Bilbao were 1-0 up at half time and I put £10 on Atletico to win at odds of 9/1. Crazy high I thought because Atletico are currently taking it to Real Madrid and Barcelona in La Liga. And they won. £10 to £100 in 45 minutes. I just have no idea what to do with the winnings. I don't NEED anything for the PC although the car needs a new Thermostat and serviced I guess. I don't really see the point in saving it to get a yearly interest of £3 on it and I am hoping to build it up. I'll probably lose it all knowing me but sticking to my £10 maximum and usually putting it on 4-6 team accumulators. I've lost a few as well over the past few weeks but have usually been well up by the end of the week.

overpowered
January 29th, 2014, 05:58 PM
North up, but I'm old enough that I did a lot of map reading before GPS with maps was available. I can't get used to maps that track my current direction as up.

Yw-slayer
January 29th, 2014, 06:10 PM
ALAN, REPENT FOR THY SINS!!!!111!11!1

Alan P
January 29th, 2014, 06:38 PM
ALAN, REPENT FOR THY SINS!!!!111!11!1

I will do no such thing! I am thinking about an AIO CPU cooler though.

FaultyMario
January 29th, 2014, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking the starting races of the F1 season should be a lottery. Might pay off to save a tenner or two.

21Kid
January 30th, 2014, 06:44 AM
It doesn't make sense to have the entire map randomly spinning around on the screen. Don't any of you care what direction you're actually traveling? If you complain about being confused about what roads are in front of you, to me it seems like that confusion would pale in comparison to the confusion of looking at an on-screen compass and then mentally rotating the entire map back in the opposite direction to get an accurate sense of what direction you're going.
You've got bigger problems if the map is randomly spinning... If that is happening I would suggest looking at the road, because it seems that a loss of traction has occurred and you are probably not going in the direction that you intended.

When I am going some place that I would actually need GPS for, I am far less concerned with what direction I am facing, than I am with actually getting to my destination and knowing which road to turn on and where that is in comparison to my current position.

Kchrpm
January 30th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Yes, all those things.

FaultyMario
January 30th, 2014, 08:20 PM
We are the ever-living ghost of what once was

Yw-slayer
January 30th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I will do no such thing! I am thinking about an AIO CPU cooler though.

Sounds about rig... NO!!! THOU SHALT REPENT OR DIE!!!11!1!1!1!1!!

Sad, little man
January 31st, 2014, 05:04 PM
There's something deeply ironic about using a piece of currency as an object rather than a piece of currency. For instance, using a pre-1982 penny as a heatsink. It just happens to be about the perfect size for what I'm doing. :up:

FaultyMario
February 1st, 2014, 08:54 AM
Mike Ness is such a dreamboat!

thesameguy
February 1st, 2014, 09:05 AM
You and my girlfriend should hang out. You can write poems about him and then read them to each other.

I am a huge Social D fan - seen them a dozen or more times. I'm the one that made her listen to them, I'm the reason she's with him and not me!!!!

TheBenior
February 2nd, 2014, 07:39 PM
"She said she wouldn't leave!" exclaimed my crying fiancée who's cancer-stricken mother is currently sedated in an ICU because of pneumonia...

Random
February 2nd, 2014, 07:46 PM
:(

FaultyMario
February 2nd, 2014, 08:12 PM

Jason
February 3rd, 2014, 05:50 AM
Sucks, Ross. :(

21Kid
February 3rd, 2014, 08:03 AM

Leon
February 3rd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Sonofa ... oh boy, been there. It's a rough rough ride sorry man

speedpimp
February 3rd, 2014, 02:21 PM

JoshInKC
February 5th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Seriously liking the guy who moved in down my street last spring.
We got about 12" of snow between 8am and 10pm yesterday, and he did 3 roughly 2 hour shifts on a lawn tractor with a plow on the front running up and down the street. When I was shovelling my drive, I flagged him down and tried to hand him some cash for the gas he was using but he flatly refused and said he was just being a good neighbor.
He did seem to be having fun, I watched him do a bunch of cool skid-stops and attempts at j-turns.

Random
February 5th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Probably went back inside and triumphantly said, "I told you buying a lawn tractor was a good idea!" *wife pats him on the head*

Jason
February 5th, 2014, 08:15 AM
No idea where to put this, but I figure I'll update those who were wondering...

About 10 days ago, a model that I photographed multiple times, was friends with, and went on a couple dates with, decided to start telling everyone that would listen that I'm a rapist. Instead of getting into a he said, she said public shit storm in the community, I decided to simply cease model shooting, and remove my web presence. Fun times. I'm not a big fan of accusing women of claiming rape falsely, but this is definitely one of those situations. Everyone that knows both of us, knows she's full of shit. But unfortunately, in the world of the internet, that doesn't really matter much.

Guess that hobby is over. Bound to happen eventually, considering my slutty history.

Another aspect of the entire thing, my real name was Google attached to my photography, for whatever reason. Even though I've worked very hard to keep the two disconnected, and sent Google forms and submissions asking them to remove the association. No other search engine had that connection, for some reason. Anyways, didn't want rape accusations making their way back to my work place, heh.

Yay, happy fun times!

FaultyMario
February 5th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Man... sorry about that.

Random
February 5th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Bah. :|

thesameguy
February 5th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Oof. That is terrible - you shouldn't have to fold up shop because that bitch crazy... maybe in a short while things will calm down and you can resume business?

Kchrpm
February 5th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Whomp whomp :-/

novicius
February 5th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Very sorry to read this, Jason -- I hope everything eventually turns out alright for all parties involved. :(

Jason
February 5th, 2014, 09:40 AM
It's lame. But it's not exactly a big deal all things considered. I'm sure I'll shoot again in the future, but it'll have to be under a new "business name". For now I'll just concentrate on photographing landscapes, and random crap around random cities. :up:

Oh, also, I already have a private IG and tumblr set up, and I'll bring my personal Facebook back online at some point. I'll just be severely limiting who has access to my posts on all three.

FaultyMario
February 5th, 2014, 10:29 AM
A couple of months ago, my wife was starting a group of "etsy" ladies, one of the girls was like 23 with 2 kids and had just broken up with the father of the younger baby. She was a complete mess; totally MILF but definitely someone to keep at arm's length.

Wacko MILF was friends with one or two of my ex-coworkers. So, somewhere within her circles a rumour was started that I had a strained relationship with a coworker because I was sure I was her baby's dad and had almost come to blows with that coworker's boyfriend about it (I know, WTF?).

My wife was understandably upset about the rumor and wanted to burn all them bitches at the stake, but without a firm source of where the rumor had originated, our options were limited. All we did was explain to this girl the legal consequences of having a loose tongue. Gossip stopped there and then. Wife had to start over her crafts group, but I suppose the unintended purge ended up helping them.

TheBenior
February 5th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Sucks Jason.

I can tell you from experience that false/very questionable rape accusations, while still a definite minority of accusations, are far more prevalent than the rape advocacy groups would have you believe. They're difficult to count, because when a doctor tells me that it's probably BS, they're often documented as generic non-criminal reports.

Leon
February 5th, 2014, 11:22 AM
That blows Jason. I hope that the shit storm blows over, and that the eventual conclusion is that more people believe in you than believe in her.

Jason
February 5th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Sucks Jason.

I can tell you from experience that false/very questionable rape accusations, while still a definite minority of accusations, are far more prevalent than the rape advocacy groups would have you believe. They're difficult to count, because when a doctor tells me that it's probably BS, they're often documented as generic non-criminal reports.

Well, in this instance, it went from consent after a date with loads of conversing, to being pressured by her then-new boyfriend to tell me she was uncomfortable, and then two years later, after a heavy dose of radical feminism, she was "raped" via coercian. So its not like a doctor would have any physical evidence of anything other than sex after the fact, and anyways the whole thing happened 4 years ago.

She also came up with a "multiple victims" accusation... which a week later turned out to be two of her internet friends claiming I sent them "rapey messages"...

I should have used better judgment and not gotten involved with such a headcase.

Godson
February 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Probably went back inside and triumphantly said, "I told you buying a lawn tractor was a good idea!" *wife pats him on the head*

I could see that happen. LOL!

Godson
February 5th, 2014, 11:41 AM
It's lame. But it's not exactly a big deal all things considered. I'm sure I'll shoot again in the future, but it'll have to be under a new "business name". For now I'll just concentrate on photographing landscapes, and random crap around random cities. :up:

Oh, also, I already have a private IG and tumblr set up, and I'll bring my personal Facebook back online at some point. I'll just be severely limiting who has access to my posts on all three.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Best of luck with the hobby.

Yw-slayer
February 5th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear about it man. I hope it blows over quickly.

overpowered
February 5th, 2014, 07:54 PM
That sucks man. Tread carefully. Psycho-bitches can be tough and rape tends to be a guilt-by-accusation type of thing.

Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to believe some of the stories about Terry Richardson. It's just that he gives off that vibe -- and the fact that it's not just one model saying stuff about him.

Mr Wonder
February 6th, 2014, 03:18 AM
That is unfathomably shitty Jason. It's bad enough without the loss of what is visibly a huge passion for you, I hope it all works out for you mate. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine many years ago and eventually it all blew over. It was hell in places though.

MR2 Fan
February 6th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Bad news for Spock

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26064849

Jason
February 6th, 2014, 04:05 PM

Drachen596
February 6th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I wish my poverty/police spec vic had recirculate as a heating/cooling option. Or even just vent plus floor selectable.

Godson
February 6th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Sad deal for Nimoy.

Leon
February 6th, 2014, 10:58 PM
I'm getting quotes from Real Estate agents.

Need to sell both my late mum's houses. The nice house she lived in, and the little rental property.

She lived in a small town an hour's drive north of where I live. If it was local, I'd probably move there because her house is way nicer than mine. But the commute would kill my social / gym life.

Also if she lived locally, I'd just private sell the places myself. But the logistics of showing people through a house an hour away isn't going to be easy.

So looks like the agents will get a piece of flesh from me.

[grinds teeth]

Yw-slayer
February 7th, 2014, 12:22 AM
I'm getting quotes from Real Estate agents.

Need to sell both my late mum's houses. The nice house she lived in, and the little rental property.

She lived in a small town an hour's drive north of where I live. If it was local, I'd probably move there because her house is way nicer than mine. But the commute would kill my social / gym life.

Also if she lived locally, I'd just private sell the places myself. But the logistics of showing people through a house an hour away isn't going to be easy.

So looks like the agents will get a piece of flesh from me.

[grinds teeth]

Where is it? Maybe we can do a deal (1/2 serious)

Leon
February 7th, 2014, 12:49 AM
erm ... in New Zealand ... to be precise Otaki, which is about 70km North of Wellington.

http://goo.gl/maps/15MrN

NZ$280k

Leon
February 7th, 2014, 12:52 AM
on unrelated matters, one of my booty call friends has moved about 200 yards away from where I live.

That's going to be convenient until she gets an actual boyfriend :)

Gotta love a booty call who is 14 years younger than you ... well, ok, it's great when you're 40. If you were 20, well that'd just be wrong.

Yw-slayer
February 7th, 2014, 01:50 AM
Well yeah, I know it's in NZ, I'm interested in the place... thanks. I'll get back to you if I'm interested, but obviously don't let me stand in your way!!!

On the booty call point - when I was in NZ I met some dudes who said:

Minimum age = (Your Age / 2) + 7

Sounds about right to me.

Kchrpm
February 7th, 2014, 05:36 AM
I've heard that formula, puts me at 23. Works for me.

Yw-slayer
February 7th, 2014, 06:23 AM
And I at 24, so same here.

Godson
February 7th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Puts me at 21.

I suppose I am ok with that, not like I am marrying her after all right?

Alan P
February 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM
27. Shit! He'll who am I kidding! If some 18 year old nymphomaniac came onto me I'd have a heart attack. And need a two hour rest afterwards.

Leon
February 7th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Well yeah, I know it's in NZ, I'm interested in the place... thanks. I'll get back to you if I'm interested, but obviously don't let me stand in your way!!!

On the booty call point - when I was in NZ I met some dudes who said:

Sounds about right to me.

I'm just scratching my head why a high-falutin foreign lawyer type would be interested in a family home in small town NZ :) Sure, it's pretty and stuff ...

thesameguy
February 7th, 2014, 01:44 PM
on unrelated matters, one of my booty call friends has moved about 200 yards away from where I live.

Years ago, my booty call ended up moving into the room down the hall. Man, those were good times.

speedpimp
February 7th, 2014, 03:38 PM

jimeez
February 7th, 2014, 04:31 PM
37 :eek:

MR2 Fan
February 7th, 2014, 05:04 PM

Leon
February 7th, 2014, 05:32 PM
oh boy, what have I done ...

Drachen596
February 8th, 2014, 12:44 AM

Not that a girl that age would have any interest in me.

Yw-slayer
February 8th, 2014, 12:59 AM
I'm just scratching my head why a high-falutin foreign lawyer type would be interested in a family home in small town NZ :) Sure, it's pretty and stuff ...

SHEEEEP

Kchrpm
February 8th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Whore/tax shelter.

TheBenior
February 8th, 2014, 07:33 AM
... and she's gone.

speedpimp
February 8th, 2014, 08:02 AM
So sorry for you and Janelle, Ross.

FaultyMario
February 8th, 2014, 08:04 AM
My deepest sympathies, Ross.

21Kid
February 8th, 2014, 01:35 PM

thesameguy
February 8th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Indeed. Best wishes.

Leon
February 8th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Not good.

Best wishes for you over what is going to be a very rough time.

Mr Wonder
February 8th, 2014, 03:36 PM

overpowered
February 8th, 2014, 10:08 PM
All you have to do is go that way. Really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Jason
February 9th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Condolences, Ross. :(

overpowered
February 9th, 2014, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeXxkbgCVE

overpowered
February 10th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Holy crap. Jason Jones got an interview with Gorbachev. Holy crap. Gorbachev is actually still alive.

FaultyMario
February 11th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Phoneperson: Can you get Jane Doe on the phone?
Me: I don't know anyone with that name, you have the wrong number.
Phoneperson: How long have you had this number [distorted]
Me: For like, forever. Can you speak a little bit clearer, there's a lot of background noise.
Phoneperson: Is that so, did you get it when you were a child?
Me: As a matter of fact I did, It was a present from my parents seventeen years ago, thank you and goodbye.
Phoneperson: Tell Jane she's going to be served a judicial order for ROBBERY!
Me: I told you, I don't know her. Check with your IT people, your DB is off. Please check your registries, and stop calling me.
Phoneperson: [Distorted] Warrant [Distorted] Your House [Distorted] EVICTION!
Me: Yeah, nice talking to you. By the way, there's a lot of background noise in your office. Make sure you do a mic check before your routine, dude.

FaultyMario
February 11th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I hate that they can coerce people into outrageous interests and late fees from such idiot callers. Any judicial notification is to be done at a clerk's desk or by certified post.
Assholes.

thesameguy
February 11th, 2014, 01:10 PM
We've had those scams here, just not quite so aggressive. The people who concoct those things are amazing!

Godson
February 11th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I always just respond with "how are you going to evict a homeless man?"

Sad, little man
February 12th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I hate corporate culture more and more every day. It's funny to joke around about for a little while, but at a certain point it just becomes pointless and sad.

Every meeting is either superfluous, unproductive, ambiguous, or, my favorite, doesn't even happen because not enough people remembered to call in.

But it's ok, we'll have a follow-up meeting tomorrow. And meetings are good, we get things done in meetings, even if we really don't. And somewhere some manager is satisfied, because you know what? They had a meeting. And later today, they can go report the status to their manager in another meeting. And if the status isn't good? We'll call a really big meeting. If we get enough people all together in a meeting, we're sure to figure something out... Unless that one person we really need to be there doesn't come... Then we'll schedule a follow-up and send them an email telling them how much we want them to come to our meeting.

LET'S HAVE A MEETING.

Everything will become clear once we have a meeting.

Godson
February 12th, 2014, 06:27 AM
I fucking hate books that we are required to buy, that have zero fucking information we are tested on.

FUCK YOU

Alan P
February 12th, 2014, 05:19 PM
At one job I was asked to attend a meeting to discuss an agenda for a meeting happening next week. Seriously.

Leon
February 13th, 2014, 12:29 AM
It is my ex's wedding next Saturday.

I'm walking her up the aisle, giving a reading, doing the first speech, and being a witness.

Oh yeah, and I'm also supposed to take a million photos too

No pressure ...

Oh yeah, and I cry at weddings.

Kchrpm
February 13th, 2014, 02:02 AM
We had a meeting yesterday where we reassigned some stuff and decided which meetings to cancel and which ones we only had to attend if specifically requested. It was great.

speedpimp
February 13th, 2014, 03:04 PM
It is my ex's wedding next Saturday.

I'm walking her up the aisle, giving a reading, doing the first speech, and being a witness.

No pressure ...

Oh yeah, and I cry at weddings.

If you do not score with at least half of the eligible bridesmaids then you have failed. There is power in those tears and harvest that power to become the master cocksman that you are. Or later on you could always use those same tears for lube.

Leon
February 13th, 2014, 07:30 PM
There are I fear no eligible folk at all at that wedding ... it's small, and mostly family. The womenfolk that I know who are at that wedding are NOT quality.

No offence to them, but they're a lot older, and damaged.

speedpimp
February 14th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Which makes them prime candidates for a little Leon Love. Separate them from the herd and move in for the kill.

thesameguy
February 14th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Indeed, sounds like they won't be any worse for the wear.

Leon
February 14th, 2014, 04:25 PM
erm ... yeah, nah. There are two eligible young ladies with whom I spend time, who are approximately a billion times more worthy of attention.

I don't actually need to drop my standards greatly, just for the sake of playing Hide Mr Sausage :)

Yw-slayer
February 14th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Rich is in a slightly different position (oo-er) and mood from you, Leon.

Leon
February 14th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Apparently so ... and in a potentially scary way )

GreatScawt
February 14th, 2014, 07:16 PM

Ugh.
I've seen this equation before. I actually used it recently... because... I may be getting myself into trouble.
See... 3 weeks ago, if I used this and rounded the result down, it might be okay.

Jason
February 15th, 2014, 04:40 AM
Couple years ago, I bagged a 19 year old. It felt super skeezy.

So now they have to at least be able to legally drink. :lol:

TheBenior
February 15th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks for all the support over the past couple weeks. It was the worst scheduled vacation I ever had, but I'm glad that said vacation took place when it did so I could be there for Janelle.

The funeral for Janelle's mother Roberta was last night. Roberta was only 59 when she lost her battle with breast cancer, too soon for such a great person. She was an elementary school teacher who'd go to church on Sundays, then voluntarily teach adult GED courses afterwards. She was devout, but not judgmental. She was the kind of religious person who thought that judgement was god's place, and her place was to love. Knowing one of her daughters to be a lesbian didn't cause her to love her any differently. She knew that I'm an atheist, but was never anything but unfailingly gracious to me, and me making Janelle happy was enough for her to love me too.

Leon
February 15th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Sounds as though she was a very good person :)

GreatScawt
February 15th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Couple years ago, I bagged a 19 year old. It felt super skeezy.

So now they have to at least be able to legally drink. :lol:

That should be my philosophy... but ehhh.
I work with her at my second job. Started talking and THEN I found out she was 19.
*calculations*
*sees pictures*
Uhhh... I want to make this work. :lol:

At least the equation works out in our favor in a couple years...

Jason
February 15th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Ross: :up:

Scawt: I know that feel

Well... that was an awkward contrast of posts to respond to.

Sad, little man
February 15th, 2014, 05:06 PM
That is the beauty of the thread where I say things (and other people say things too.)

Godson
February 16th, 2014, 01:14 PM
That should be my philosophy... but ehhh.
I work with her at my second job. Started talking and THEN I found out she was 19.
*calculations*
*sees pictures*
Uhhh... I want to make this work. :lol:

At least the equation works out in our favor in a couple years...

Just tell her that there isn't a long term, then Ground and pound it.

Rob
February 17th, 2014, 05:55 AM
then Ground and pound it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Qq8Abdtow_Y/UKsr4N8LF6I/AAAAAAAAcvw/YgFudqBpS38/s400/swick_flails_medium.gif

Sexy.

21Kid
February 17th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Sounds as though she was a very good person :)exactly... such a loss. :(

Godson
February 17th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Sexy.

I meant with his penis. But you got the jest of it.

thesameguy
February 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
So what do you do when someone asks for help with something that they wouldn't need help with if they planned slightly better, and you helping them is going to result in you making the sacrifices they could have (and arguably should have) made that they didn't, that resulted in the situation in the first place? I'm not talking about life-altering sacrifices, I'm talking about, say, not eating out for a couple of months, or skipping a weekend getaway. Is it worse that the person continually fails to make those sacrifices and then looks around asking others to make them? Is choosing to help out or not help out an endorsement or condemnation of that person, or is it just "doing what's right" regardless? Should people help people when they can, or select opportunities to teach lessons with the hopes of minimizing future damage?

Kchrpm
February 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Yes.

There is no universally right answer, simply paths to choose from with ultimately unpredictable destinations. Given this reality, unless dire consequences would result from it, I think I would be saying "warned you so" and not doing anything more than lightly assisting.

Random
February 18th, 2014, 02:07 PM
I think it depends on the person and your relationship.

Rob
February 18th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Russ nailed it.

I have friends I'd forgive all manner of stupidity with little more than a mild ribbing before facilitating or even partaking in more of the same stupidity with them.

I have acquaintances that I'd lecture to before pissing on if they were on fire.

...with others at points inbetween.

Jason
February 18th, 2014, 02:28 PM
I help stupid people less the longer I know them, and then eventually I don't know them.

I'm kind of a selfish prick, though.

thesameguy
February 18th, 2014, 02:33 PM
This is decidedly a points in between relationship, which is the tough part. Not quite close enough to say, "Look, you're making some mistakes" and too close to say, "You made your bed." Also, I have this opinion that genuinely dumb people (and I'm using "dumb" in a VERY overbroad sense) should be forgiven most mistakes because they are incapable of making good judgment calls, and that "smart" people should be ribbed because they should know better. As it applies here, a part of my struggle is wondering if this person make the right decisions or not... if they can, and are choosing not to, I've got some splainin to do. If they can't, then I think the correct answer is to just nudge them in the right direction. I'm just not sure.

TheBenior
February 18th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Did my annual range qualification last night. I hadn't shot silhouette targets in way too long, and my grouping sucked, but I still passed with 100% of shots on target.

speedpimp
February 18th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Nothing beats telling a complete stranger to go fuck himself and it all started with a conversation about the weather.

Kchrpm
February 18th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Ross the Boss :up:

Godson
February 18th, 2014, 07:25 PM
I help stupid people less the longer I know them, and then eventually I don't know them.

I'm kind of a selfish prick, though.

This is where I am at with my brother. After his latest antics (letting another vehicle get stolen that belongs to the family, bringing the grand total of 4 vehicles destroyed in the last 12 years) we are no longer talking. And this isn't going to change.

sandydandy
February 19th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Any chemists here? I accidentally sprayed my finger with liquid nitrogen and now it's all numb and is giving me an itchy/burning sensation. I washed it several times. Will the nitro eventually go away or do I need to use a hardcore chemical to clean it off?

This happened because I had the bonnet on my forklift's propane tank changed, and the guy sprayed the valve with liquid nitro...then more of the same when he went to refill it with propane. When I got back to the shop and reinstalled the tank and opened the valve it shot out all the liquid nitro and I panicked to close the valve and it got all over my finger. Stupid.

Godson
February 19th, 2014, 07:57 AM
It'll go away via evaporation...but depending on how much you got sprayed with, you might have 1st/2nd/3rd degree freeze burn.

Kchrpm
February 19th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Based on this page, discussing treating a wart with liquid nitrogen, I *think* you will be ok.

http://www.wikihow.com/Freeze-a-Wart-With-Liquid-Nitrogen

sandydandy
February 19th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Well that's a relief. I hardly feel any itching anymore...guess it wasn't much of a burn after all.

speedpimp
February 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Probably not any worse than a freeze burn from propane.

overpowered
February 19th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Propane's boiling point is -43.6°F
Nitrogen's boiling point is -320.4°F

overpowered
February 19th, 2014, 10:36 PM
I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows. I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes. Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies. You never know just how you look through other people's eyes

speedpimp
February 20th, 2014, 03:20 PM
A friend in need is a friend indeed, a friend with weed is better.

George
February 20th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Come on out to Chronicrado where everyone can be your friend.

21Kid
February 21st, 2014, 08:01 AM
This New "Pure" Laser Makes Fiber Optic Networks 20x Better (http://gizmodo.com/this-pure-new-laser-makes-fiber-optic-networks-20x-be-1526882231)

Whether you're a huge geek or a total luddite, you've got to be excited when scientists invent a new kind of laser, especially one that stands to replace the one we've been using for fiber optic communications for the last 40 years. A team of CalTech researchers did just that. Be excited.

This new laser is notable for its unprecedentedly high spectral purity. Spectral purity basically refers to how close a laser is to operating on a single frequency. It's a valuable metric because the narrower the range of frequencies, the more information the laser light can carry. This also allows for higher data transfer speeds—in other words, faster internet. Since fiber optic networks are really taking over everything, this is good news for everybody.

ED? (http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2014/02/05/1400184111.full.pdf+html)

Alan P
February 21st, 2014, 05:13 PM
Hmm, I can see the benefits for the backbone of the Web and ISP's networks. For home users? They'll never see the immediate benefit. They may see less network congestion at peak times but to them it will just be working as it should. Of course that won't stop said ISP's and other Networking companies saying Netflix is leeching all our bandwidth!

Leon
February 22nd, 2014, 01:38 AM
Gave away the ex-girlfriend at her wedding today.

Made em laugh, made em cry with my speech

overpowered
February 22nd, 2014, 11:31 PM
Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

overpowered
February 23rd, 2014, 12:48 AM
Sensurround sound in a two inch wall well I was waiting for the communist call I didnt ask for sunshine and I got world war three I'm looking over the wall And they're looking at me

Sad, little man
February 25th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Oh jesus... A generic upper management talking head just mentioned taking advantage of the polar vortex to increase sales...... What the fuck does that even mean!?

...The more I think about it, the more absurd it gets. It's such a pure, refined example of corporate jargon gerrymandering that it's almost beautiful in its own terrible way.

...Polar vortex... Increasing sales... It's like a magnificent bridge spanning an impossible gap between two completely unrelated points built out of thin air using pure corporate alchemy.

GreatScawt
February 25th, 2014, 10:47 AM
You obviously create an anti-polar vortex generator. If enough people install one and drive fast enough, you can reverse the effects.

Kchrpm
February 25th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Nissan has just released (at least one) commercial with the Rogue that is designed specifically to reference all the snow we've been getting. It shows people stuck in snow in a city, including a police officer in a cruiser, and a Rogue coming to save the day.

Dicknose
February 25th, 2014, 11:31 AM
It's such a pure, refined example of corporate jargon gerrymandering that it's almost beautiful in its own terrible way.

Using polar vortex in the wrong context would be like using gerrymander in the wrong context!

FaultyMario
February 25th, 2014, 12:14 PM
That's what I noticed too, yeah, because It felt so Anagnorisis.

Kchrpm
February 25th, 2014, 12:15 PM
It's so ironic.

CudaMan
February 25th, 2014, 11:53 PM
The loudness wars have really got to stop.

:sadbanana:

Leon
February 26th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Who has two thumbs, and resigned today with no new job lined up?

THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

Very happy about it. The place was (is) making me insane.

Have savings, so not a major panic on finding the next job.

Sad, little man
February 26th, 2014, 07:05 PM
The loudness wars have really got to stop.

:sadbanana:

You could always just buy records. http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/images/smilies/banana2.gif

Unless they're pressed using the same digital master as everything else. :sadbanana:

TheBenior
February 28th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Dang, got an email from a Mark at shox.com that the Konis I ordered aren't in stock, so they're not eligible for free shipping, so I'd have to wait a few weeks and pay an extra $39 or an extra $59 to get it shipped straight from Koni.

I sent an email reply approving shipping charges, and started it with:

Oh, hi Mark

Sad, little man
March 4th, 2014, 05:09 PM
In 1000 years, when archeologists are digging through the remains of our failed civilization, I hope they find a petrified thumb drive, and the one thing they manage to salvage off of it is an mp3 of Hey Ya. Like it or not, it's the high water mark of our civilization... A beaming ray of light nestled precariously between 9/11 and the global financial meltdown.

thesameguy
March 4th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Dang, got an email from a Mark at shox.com that the Konis I ordered aren't in stock, so they're not eligible for free shipping, so I'd have to wait a few weeks and pay an extra $39 or an extra $59 to get it shipped straight from Koni.

I sent an email reply approving shipping charges, and started it with:

Oh, hi Mark

Totally OT, but email Chris at Redshift Motorsports once the annual Koni 20% sale starts. Cheapest place to buy Koni, period.

TheBenior
March 4th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Well, shit, they're already on their way.

thesameguy
March 4th, 2014, 08:15 PM
DOH! Sorry. :(

Yw-slayer
March 4th, 2014, 09:09 PM
In 1000 years, when archeologists are digging through the remains of our failed civilization, I hope they find a petrified thumb drive, and the one thing they manage to salvage off of it is an mp3 of Hey Ya. Like it or not, it's the high water mark of our civilization... A beaming ray of light nestled precariously between 9/11 and the global financial meltdown.

Hey Ya is way overrated. There have certainly been worse songs, but those usually come from performers like Nickelback, Creed, Coldplay, James Blunt, Jason Mraz, and Bruno Mars.

Godson
March 5th, 2014, 08:18 AM
and now I am traumatized....

you have been warned.

talking about female circumcision in class

Sad, little man
March 5th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Wait... How does that even... I mean... How do you....... Nevermind, I don't even want to know.

Kchrpm
March 5th, 2014, 01:02 PM
That made the news in the last 10 years, some community/tribe was being scorned for doing it. I can't remember the details off-hand...

http://www.irinnews.org/in-depth/62462/15/razor-s-edge-the-controversy-of-female-genital-mutilation

speedpimp
March 5th, 2014, 02:42 PM
They cut the clit off.

TheBenior
March 5th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Well, I've set foot in part of California that's not the inside of an airport for the first time.

Yw-slayer
March 5th, 2014, 07:56 PM
I thought female "circumcision"/genital mutilation was a well-known issue. At least it is over here (where it's not practiced, in case anyone is wondering).

Godson
March 6th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Wait... How does that even... I mean... How do you....... Nevermind, I don't even want to know.

Just to try and ease you mind.

#nursingschool

And don't say I didn't warn you.

Fiat500
March 6th, 2014, 04:45 PM
What YW said.

And I think I read about one of the methods (where all that is left is a sewn-up little opening) way back in the eighties?

FaultyMario
March 6th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I've heard of the "cutting" being done by using shards of glass.

That's pure sexual incapacitation.

Godson
March 7th, 2014, 05:44 PM
They cut the clit off.

Wrong. They typically cut the clitoral hood off along with the labia minora. In some places they will remove the clitoris, and sew the labia majora up to make the area as small as possible. This typically happens around 8 years or so of age, with no anaesthetic or analgesic.

Fucking barbaric.

Sad, little man
March 9th, 2014, 11:15 PM
They held an election in North Korea... Kim Jong-Un won. :|

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10687009/Kim-Jong-Un-secures-unsurprising-100-per-cent-victory-in-North-Korea-election.html

Fiat500
March 10th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Those wacky North Koreans!

21Kid
March 10th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Did anyone actually run against him? Has he been executed yet?

Kchrpm
March 10th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Each of the nearly 700 constituencies had only one state-sanctioned candidate, ensuring a foregone conclusion in every case.
But they probably executed someone anyway.

Sad, little man
March 10th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Good lord I hate the period of time between having a job interview and knowing whether or not I got the job. And this one is expected to be at least three weeks long.

Godson
March 10th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Good lord I hate the period of time between having a job interview and knowing whether or not I got the job. And this one is expected to be at least three weeks long.

That is exactly what I went through when I applied at the hospital I will be working at after graduation. I know them feels.

Kchrpm
March 10th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I love when that time is only a matter of hours.

Drachen596
March 10th, 2014, 04:59 PM
for the job i'm starting in about 3 weeks.. the wait between interview and job offer was 3 days.

even with that short wait it still managed to kick my anxiety up quite a bit.

Kchrpm
March 10th, 2014, 05:12 PM
I think for the job that kickstarted my post college career, I knew that afternoon. IIRC I had a coworker cover for me in the morning, and I knew shortly before I clocked out that day. But that was a special situation, they had already interviewed me for a different job and liked me, so when they brought me back for a different position it was kind of just a formality.

Sad, little man
March 10th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I can't figure out this effing SXSW thing... Is it a technology conference? Is it a music festival? If so, where is Edward Snowden playing?

Yw-slayer
March 10th, 2014, 05:49 PM
From what I understand, it's a wannabe tech music thing.

Godson
March 10th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Dad gets frustrated playing GT6. Refuses to listen to my input after I complete the race with a win on one attempt.

Says I am not listening to his complaint, which is vehicle instability. My input is to adapt line accordingly and brake earlier (lotus 190). He tells me he has tried that and it doesn't work. He also tells me I can't possibly see what he is doing wrong from only watching 2/3rds of a lap. He is notorious for braking a solid 20-30 meters later than I would even when trying to pass.

Looks like I will let him continue the insanity of doing the same thing over and over again with failed attempts.

Yw-slayer
March 10th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Show him an PWN3D meme to cheer him up.

Godson
March 11th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Oooooh that's good. If a nuclear explosion happens in the middle if the US, you know why. :lol:

TheBenior
March 11th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Random musings after my trip to LA/SD:

Weather sure beats the never-ending winter in Chicago.

The 2014 Impala is not bad at all, more than you could say for the last two models.

I have read Southern California based auto journalists complain about their local road/pavement conditions. These people have never been anywhere that freezes in the winter.

My sister's 22 month old twins combine to make a lot of noise.

I'm pretty sure that the back deck in my sister's rental house having a 28-30" dropoff with no railing is some sort of code violation.

There are many elderly people power walking through Irvine.

Chicago's overweight hipsters couldn't get away with their fixies with all these hills.

Obsidian and EA employees spotted on their lunch breaks at the Irvine Spectrum Center mall. I refrained from accusing the EA guy of ruining Plants vs. Zombies 2 with that free-to-play shit.

Why do these goofs on recumbents not have fucking flags on their bikes like Chicago recumbent riders do?

I wonder if the fenced-off sections of the park area in the La Brea Tar Pits filled with muck are where asphalt randomly came bubbling up. [Sees spot with asphalt with cone on it] Yes, that's exactly what happened.

The Peterson Automotive Museum has many pre-war town cars. I guess rich people felt that their chauffeurs needed to be reminded of their place. In the cold and rain.

Awful lot of crows about. Murders everywhere!

Not too many domestic sedans on the road that aren't rentals.

Brian and Michele are good people. Except for reminding Janelle and me that we are short. We don't need help with that.

Giraffes have freaky tongues.

Little lizards skittering about all over San Diego. Your head bobbing/push ups don't scare me, little granite spiny lizard!

Oh hey, an invasive green anole lizard! I had some of those when I was a kid.

Boiling Crab with old high school/college friends. Soooo full of seafood.

I think I picked up a cold from my sister's disease-spreading duo.

Feeding sea turtles is a lot like feeding my turtle, but bigger and more graceful.

Good thing I didn't schedule an even later flight home to Chicago, as that one got cancelled.

Oh yay, rain and hail back home!

GreatScawt
March 12th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Chicago's overweight hipsters couldn't get away with their fixies with all these hills.

Friggin lol :lol:

Drachen596
March 12th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Got told the other day that I was crazy to be upset that a restaurant I used to eat at every Friday closed with no notice.

Per the person who said I was crazy the thing is a non issue and in no way anything to be upset or mad about.

Phil_SS
March 12th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Oooooh that's good. If a nuclear explosion happens in the middle if the US, you know why. :lol:

Badbob is your Dad?

TheBenior
March 12th, 2014, 05:23 PM
If you're wondering if the retailer you bought your Koni shocks didn't package them properly due to the beat up boxes, it's not their fault.

The boxes come just as beat up when you get them directly shipped from Koni NA.

Godson
March 12th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Badbob is your Dad?

Lol, no. But is attitude can be something related to a nuclear bomb going off.

Sad, little man
March 13th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Not eating meat on Fridays and getting ashes smeared all over your forehead is not making you any better of a person, so just quit with the creepy rituals.

Kchrpm
March 13th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Wait, are you measuring how good a group of people are on a day-to-day basis so you actually know this to be a fact, or are you just making an assumption about a stranger you've never seen before?

(it is pretty weird seeing the ash, though, but some people decide to put a dot in the same place for every day of their lives and to never eat meat, in comparison that's relatively tame now that I think about it)